[alfa] Re: Richards 164 Fool Pump travails

Hey Richard,
It sounds to me like you have got the fuel pump and its adjacent electric
components accounted for. Why don't you give them all one last check with your
multi-meter and move on upstream?
If you are not getting any error codes stored, I'd have a good look at that
big honking electrical connection that sits right in front of the wiper motor.
You know the one, it feeds the computer. That plastic housing gets all kludged
up, and its one of those things that has to be 100% for the 164 to run well.
It would also be wise to do a little exploratory around the Motronic computer
its self to see if you have any fluid leaking araound or on it (leak from
windscreen gasket or somesuch).
And I'll mention this in closing, the connector at the bottom of the fuel
pump relay block is often overlooked (by me for instance), be sure to pull that
whole block out away from the chassis and clean it all down and apply some
contact enhancing grease.
I hope these tid bits help you some.
Sincerely,
Jim Oiler,
Vivid Force(tm)
--A Creative Force for Non-Profits--
www.VividForce.com
1991 164L (just passed through a major bought of electrical blues)
1969 912 (electronics as complicated as any flashlight)