[alfa] Re: Poor Quality Swaybar End Link Bushings

I tried aftermarket bushings from the now defunct Eriminas on my 2000 GTV and
they
separated from the front swaybar at my first track day with them. Thank God it
was at
innocuous Shannonville and not turn one at Mosport! Got another set from Alfa
Ricambi
- same junk. Don't remember where I finally got a good set (Difatta maybe) in
the little
orange bags, but you can't beat OEM when it comes to rubber bushings. I need a
set
now for one of my GTV6's. If I can't find OEM I'll give Centerlines a try, but
I'm skeptical.
BTW, mine were 'clocked ' correctly AND the suspension loaded before the
securing nuts
were tightened. My advice (which comes only from experience - I'm not a
mechanic or
engineer) would be to record the angle of the links on the sawyer BEFORE you
remove
the old links, and install the new ones at the same angle, assuming that the
old ones aren't
so shot that they rotate freely on the bar. Two other points: if the new
bushings press too
easily into the links, or onto the bar, and/or you can rotate the links by
hand with a moderate
amount of force once they are pressed onto the bar, forget it, they are crap.

Have fun,

Greg Connolly

'81 GTV6 - Track Car
'85 GTV6 - Street Car