[alfa] Verde shaping up.

We got about 6 inches of snow this weekend and this car is just a monster in the snow. I was fooling around in a parking lot, and it's so well mannered that it takes some work to get it to really spin.

I didn't realize how smart the ABS computer was on the Verde. I thought I had a bad sensor... as soon as I'd start rolling the yellow ANTI-LOCK light would come on. Now I realize that the ABS computer just felt it wasn't really needed. Because this weekend in all the snow, the light turned-off and the ABS worked as designed. Today it was back to normal... ABS light on all the time. (yeah, I know it's a bad electrical connection somewhere.)

I solved most of the other electrical gremlins today... hooray! That freed up some time to tackle some smaller items on the todo list.

Inspired by a recent thread, I installed the factory radio... 25W(?) of sonic fury! I replaced the factory speakers with suitably cheap but decent replacements from Crutchfield. Now I just need to do something about an antenna.

I finally got all the door hinges to stop squeaking. PB Blaster now makes a Teflon spray. It's solvent based, and when it evaporates it leaves a teflon film. It's the first lube that got the job done. All the others I tried couldn't penetrate to where the squeak was. Good stuff.

I'm really pleased with how this Verde is turning out. I'm getting close to having it fully sorted out. What an excellent car.

--Mark
The Alfa Wiki: http://alfa.denovich.org