[alfa] Re: Diaper boys vs. high-end home audio elitists

I was asked offline "where I stood" in the car stereo discussion.

Here goes: I can fully empathize with the frequently heard remark "who needs a radio in an Alfa that has such a beautiful sound in and of itself". But I dislike the recent posts trying to put down others' interest in car audio because it arguably doesn't live up to what can be obtained in the home with a high end home audio system. This argument is just as elitist as it is to point out that even the best "high end home audio system" doesn't hold a candle to a live musical experience.

For someone who spends two hours a day in a car and not in his living room recliner, it may make more sense to buy Dynaudio speakers for the car than for the living room. The car versions are cheaper too, so the remainder can be used on concert tickets.

PS I apologize for not changing the subject line in my previous post from "Re: Alfa Digest #....". Didn't notice the oversight until I had hit send.

Sonny
'91 164 S
Baltimore