RE: [alfa] crankshaft pulley nut

>My son is trying to remove the water pump on my 1988 Alfa Spider and he
needs
>to loosen the nut. does anyone know what size socket fits this nut? thanks
for

Judging by the replies so far, there seem to be a number of different sizes.
My '85 116 Giulietta has a 36mm nut.  A spare Alfetta engine I just
dismantled (78-79) also had a 36mm nut, and for that matter, my '73 GTV also
has a 36mm nut.

There is a locking tab on the crank pulley, at least originally.  I learnt
this by shearing my first one clean off.  Now I remove them and use locktite
when reinstalling.  I don't have an impact driver, but have never found a nut
that I cannot remove using a breaker bar and a breaker bar extension (less
mechanically minded people recognise this extension as a three foot steel
pipe).  For really stuck nuts, I apply force in a tightening direction in
order to 'crack' the seal, and then loosen.

Regards,
Anthony White,
Wellington, NZ