[alfa] Brake line from front caliper to hose

Got another question..

When I was doing the front calipers, I noticed on reinstalling that one of the hard lines from the caliper to the flex line was easier to bend. Like right at the joint of the caliper fitting.

Got that paranoid feeling, and am worring that I might have the start of flex cracking at that joint, and that I might get the proverbial Nasty Surprise someday as the hose cracks just when I need it most...

I'm going to inspect it at the joint and see if I can see anything.. but this got me wondering, what are replacement sources for this short piece? I don't want to make my own if possible, and guess that there may be some similar pieces out there someplace.

Currently I've talked to a BMW dealer, got a maybe for a 77 530, and I think Porsche used/uses ATE brakes... I searched for a while on the Digest and didn't turn anything up..

Anybody been down this road before?

Jon (who thinks there's probably no "too much" paranoia when it comes to the brake system)
77 Spider, ATE brakes
Irvine, CA