[alfa] Re 105 light switch

you can wire diodes from the hi beam & low beam circuits to the city light
circuit. The diodes should be rated at least 5 amps. Connect the ends of the
diodes that have the band (cathode) together and wire to the city lights
circuit. Connect the other end of one diode to the hi beam circuit and the
other diode to the low beam. Your city lights will be fed from the hi/lo
beam circuits if the city light connection in the switch is bad, but will
prevent cross feed between the hi/lo circuits. My 79 spider has been wired
that way for at least 2 years.

Switches are available from a number of European suppliers - about $200, I
think.

Ed Prytherch, Columbia SC

Jason wrote:
>The light switch in my GT has gained the irritating habit of switching
off the front marker lights along with the instrument lights and most
seriously also the rears. If i pull the stalk ever so slightly towards
me they turn back on.

My fix at the moment is a wedge of paper which maintains pressure on
the stalk since it is annoying, difficult and also somewhat dangerous
to be driving along at 180 kmh with one hand on the wheel - what? Oh
no, I never drive that fast - I swear.<