[alfa] New USA Alfas: Now you see them...now you don't

>> This brings us back to the business decision many here agree with, but
frankly I don't get how holding back your ace (Alfa) to focus all your
resources on the dimwitted child (Fiat) is a good idea.<<

Without the basic building blocks from Fiat then building the Alfas
would be uneconomical. Furthermore Alfa sales are nominal compared
to Fiats. Concentrating on Alfa while ignoring the Fiat range would
be a quick way to ensure both died. The profits from Alfa would not
be anything like enough to bail out major marque like Fiat.

I suspect the reason that Fiat has not rushed back to the USA with
Alfa is that the profits per unit are tiny, the cost of setting up a dealer
network are highly expensive and the likely sales volume do not
make it worthwhile.

All the best

Keith