FW: [alfa] Re: what if I want

-----Original Message-----
From: Ev Micou [mailto:mdg36@domain.elided]
Sent: Tuesday, December 09, 2003 4:52 PM
To: Joe Elliott
Subject: RE: [alfa] Re: what if I want

Joe, IMHO, the G35 isn't ugly altho it looks a bit narrow and
tall-especially from the rear.
I think it has no more electronic 'junk' than any other contemporary auto
these days--it's necessary to make the dated technology of the internal
combustion engine belch out something close to clean air and still maintain
drivability. I vividly remember my first cars having a thing called a choke
which I had to mess with to get it started, vapor lock, uneven idle, yada
yada yada. Thank goodness those problems are a thing of the past at least
for in the everyday driver. Even my 94 Motronic Alfa with its junk pasted
the Arizona IM 147 test yesterday with flying colors!
Might I also mention that iron blocked/head internal combustion engines are
not cast solely of elemental iron; they are alloys that have small amounts
of Mn, S, P, and Si according the CRC Handbook of Chemistry and Physics and
the American Chemical Society.
The Z car strikes me as pretty cramped on luggage space. I have had three
different generations of Z's--all of which I could get enough stuff into for
the wife and myself to get to San Diego for a while including my golf clubs.
The new one--clubs won't fit with nothing else in there because of that
stiffener bar between the shock towers. Get for stiffness bad for
practicality.
What killed me about Datsun was the way they single handedly changed SCCA C
production racing in the early seventies when they set out to make a
reputation for the new 240-Z. Here at PIR, we saw  BRE factory trailers
arrive with two new factory race prepared Z's with Paul Newman in tow to
blow away the amateur TR-6's and 914-6's in the class. Big factory money
ruined it for the rest of us.
Ev