[alfa] 91 Spider growl

I would like to take care of some minor issues with my Spider this winter and
i would also like to put my finger on this noise that i was hearing this past
summer. When i release the clutch pedal a little hard like on a hill, I hear
a growl for a couple of seconds. It sounds like something in the front of the
transmission like something rubs or maybe a bearing? I was wondering if the
clutch discs on these cars had a welded center hub because ive  heard of the
center spline seperating from the disc and spinning. Is this possible? Like i
said before it only happens on harder than normal clutch release so it's not the
end of the world. I just wondered if anyone else ever experienced anything
like this with there late model Spider.
Thank You, Tony