Re: [alfa] Italy's Alfa Romeo puts U.S. return on ice

On Mon, 8 Dec 2003 14:45:35 -0600 "Fetsch, Ralph" <Ralph.Fetsch@domain.elided> wrote:

> Well, after reading that, I guess Z4 now.

really. i'd been pondering trying to tough it out with the somewhat tired
1991 164 automatic until 2007, but it looks like next fall i'll be researching
mid-to-late-90s bimmer sedans as my next 4 season car.[1]

i think that as a business decision, what Fiat is doing makes perfect sense.
they most assuredly shouldn't reenter a market with which they've always
had trouble while they're in trouble in markets where they have a more
positive history.

sigh,
  richard

[1] we will, of course, be keeping the 1974 GTV and 1982 GTV-6
as 3 season cars, and the 1976 Alfetta Sedan as the once-and-future
SCCA race car