[alfa] Re: Camshaft info?

At 10:39 PM 12/5/03 +0000, you wrote:

Date: Fri, 05 Dec 2003 07:42:01 -0500
From: bethnben <bethnben@domain.elided>
Subject: [alfa] Camshaft info?

I recently purchased an 2L engine for parts. To my pleasant surprise the
cylinder head was ported with oversize valves on the intake side.
The camshafts are marked 306 on the ends. Can anyone identify these
cams? specs?
Thanks
Bernie
Ottawa, Canada
GT-3 Alfetta
I purchased mine from International Auto Parts. It is their 300 degree 11mm lift cam that has had various labels applied to it depending on how it is set up (valve lash and lobe centers). They have been sellig it for a loong time. Currently advertised as #92650 "carbureted peformance" with a .014 valve lash and 102 degree lobe center. When I purchased mine 20(?) years ago, it was called the "40-80" cam with 110 degree lobe centers recommended. I ran them at the 102 lobe centers and tight lash, with good results. However, at one point I acquired a set of Euro 10548 cams, and split the two sets up such that the IAP cam was used on the intake, and the euro on the exhaust, so I had two high performance cam sets. This combination idles better, has better low end, and better fuel milage, but maintains the high end power provided by the IAP cam.

//kct, Powell, TN