[alfa] Basic distributor wiring

As of yesterday the MarelliPlex and I are going through a trial
separation.

Bosch is back in town and has moved in.

SInce I'm convinced Marelli is of the feminine gender and Bosch of the
guy type, I'm not happy with the arrangement. He's course, the Alfetta
shakes at idle (though do need to check the timing more thoroughly)
doesn't idle as well, and doesn't have the get-up-and-go She did.

But those damnable monthly cycles when she'd simply shut down on me
happened once too often, but still...I miss her already.

Therefore I need to bone up on the various types of Alfa coils,
specifically their wiring.

I'm currently using a vintage Marelli coil with the square ceramic gizmo
(does it need that red paint for any reason?) on top. + side has green
to #6 fuse and red wire to one side of gizmo, black / green wire
attached to gizmo to ignition switch, black wire to distributor.

Assume Marelli with long round ceramic gizmo works the same: + side has
green to #6 fuse and black wire to rear of gizmo, black / green wire
from gizmo to ignition switch, black wire to distributor. Correct?

Blue Bosch coil sans gizmo: Do both the green and green / black wires go
on +? Unless they got switched (but can't think why they would) the
client's Bosch blue coil has only one spade contact on +, whereas there
are three contacts on the -. However, looking at a wiring diagram (yes I
have a number of them, yes I refer to them) for a 1.8 Alfetta without
the gizmo, there is no green wire, the green / black wire goes to fuse
#6. However, on the other side of the fuse the single pink wire goes to
the road hazard light switch, at least in Norway and Sweden. Not a clue
what actually causes the car to start in Norway and Sweden.

No white wire required - mechanical tach in '75 Alfetta GT (U.S.).

Biba
Irwindale, CA USA