[alfa] bypass restrictor

OK, all this discussion about bypass restrictors and more heat has me intrigued. Just to heat up the discussion a bit, which years and 4 cylinder engines benefit from the restrictor? Does my '67 spider have one? Do I need one? Do I want one?

Two hoses come off the intake water rail on my spider. One goes to the heater. One goes to a T that accepts the return flow from the heater but primarily takes water from the intake rail around to the water pump. It takes my spider a very long time to warm up. Would a restrictor help? If so, where would I install it? Is a restrictor only for later series?

TIA, --jim
'67 spider