[alfa] bypass restrictor

The recent discussion about bypass restrictors inspired me to do something
about the poor heater on my GTV. My Spider has a great heater. It also has a
bypass restrictor. Until today, my GTV had no bypass restrictor. They both
have the same double acting thermostat - NAPA # 139.
I installed a bypass restrictor in the GTV. I also flushed out the heater
core with a garden hose, but the fluid that came out looked clean. The
heater is so much better. The engine warmed up faster. The temperature gauge
started to climb after 1 mile, outside temperature is 45 degrees. The air
from the defroster vents is as hot as the spider - too hot to hold my hand
over one for more than a few seconds. I wish that I had done this a year
ago.
Ed Prytherch, Columbia SC.