[alfa] Part source? One more time...

Okay, all you out there still speculating on the 'complex parts' of the
later Spica idle adjustment please read - This Time. Will admit
dimensions are not an exciting read, but they pretty well answer all you
need to know.

Scott Johnson asks: "Does anyone know of a source for the idle air
circuit o-ring? This is the bit used to adjust "CO and idle speed". IAP
was out last time I checked."

*******

Scott, I actually was going to offer you one for a self addressed
stamped envelope. Can't find my package of the O-rings, but took one out
and measured. They're little fatties : OD - 1/2" - ID - 7/32". If
missing the plastic washer which goes on after the O-ring they measure
OD - 1/2" - ID 1/4".

In spite of the O-ring being an even 1/2", believe I got mine at a
metric seal / O-ring place. A well stocked hardware store might have
them or pretty darn close. I did get my plastic washers at a hardware
store and they are 1/2" OD but very slightly larger ID. Shouldn't matter
since I'm sure all the plastic is to do is not chew up the O-ring as it
is adjusted and to perhaps make a better seal.

I do have a question to you and others with '70 and '71 1750's. I'm
trying to get a general timeline on when the original (US of course)
Spica inlet manifold and airbox with the four individual adjusting
'circuits' for the idle adjustment began (assume late '68 ?) but when
did this 'system' end (mid 70's).

Since you are asking for an O-ring for the idle adjustment it tells me
you have (what I'll call) the Series 2 airbox and inlet manifold (with
bump on top and five hoses going to it).

Should someone have owned several '70 1750's (believe that is as long as
the 'Series 1' inlet manifold / airbox were used) would like to know
what the idle arrangement was.

The importance to me is I'd like to have a couple of spares of each of
the inlet manifold and airbox in excellent shape - but need to know what
year / years to specify. Obviously asking for a 1750 Spica airbox does
not necessarily get you ones with the idle adjustments attached.

Biba
Irwindale, CA USA

Actually one of the spare Spica inlet manifolds I have has a badly
cracked aluminum air adjustment 'bump' (housing) and had no O-ring. Bet
whatever it was on idled great.