[alfa] '95 164LS Heating and A/C operation??

Disclaimer: I looked on the 164 Home Page and the CarDisc CD to no avail before posing this question to my esteemed colleagues.

Car is 1995 164LS (24v 3.0, US model) with a recent T-belt change.

Symptom is the A/C clutch cycling on and off every 10 -15 seconds, or so, when the outside air temp is about 60F (15C) and the heater is on "auto".

Can anybody tell me what sensor or relay might be acting up? ...or if there is a chance the T-belt mechanic did not reassemble something correctly at the front of the engine?

There might also be a chance that this is "normal" for the defroster, but I think I would have noticed it in my prior 8 years of ownership...

I believe that setting it on "Econ" will lock-out operation of the A/C if frustration gets the better of me. (I hear Fred saying "fit it right"!)

Thanks,
Karl