[alfa] 1979 spider FS on eBay - I checked it out

Hi all,

Thanks for the responses on checking out a car last week - I went and looked at it on Thursday. Sorry for the delayed update, but here's the deal if anyone's interested:

The Good:
- 1979 spider, been in storage since the early '90s from what I could tell
- same owner since 1986
- 26K on odometer, looks like a bit more than that judging by the driver's seat
- still shows general signs of low mileage; pedals look new, stickers underhood are in good condition
- paint decently shiny
- top intact w/ exception of one 2-inch cut on the side
- tires have a fair amount of tread left
- comes with its own collection of spilled mah-jong tiles, 3 shift knobs, and an old towel!
- all 3 center-dash gauges and the door-open buzzer work; ignition switch works too
- no visible rust; floors were clean from what I could see
- original Michelin XAS (?) spare

The Bad:
- doesn't start; i got the starter to crank, but i couldn't get spark, even after switching the coil with my own; couldn't check for fuel before it got dark outside
- wiring under dash looks a bit cooked
- the radiator neck was dry, but there was what looked like dried oil/coolant emulsion under the radiator cap; I'm not sure if that's what it was, just a guess
- some patches of primer over repaired small dents
- driver's door has shallow dents
- opaque rear window
- needs new fuel hose, at least in the engine compartment

The bidding is at $260. I'm going for it, but only at the lower end of the price range, so I won't be bitter if you bid higher than me, and my family might actually thank you. Here's the link:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6783&item=2443919247
It's in Half Moon Bay, CA.

Let me know if you get it, I'd be interested to see what it takes to get it to start. Oh, and of course I have no connection to the seller, I just want to see this thing go to a good home.

Chris Keen
'77 spider
Los Altos, CA