[alfa] transmission lube

For refilling your trannys, go to your local petroleum products
wholesaler/distributor and get yourself a bucket pump as used in service
stations for 5 gallon pails of transmission oil (used to be called T&D oil,
back in the days when there WERE service stations).   It's a hand operated
pump with its own lid, that clamps to the open bucket.  It has a clear plastic
delivery hose with a bent tube on the end that hooks into the filler hole.
Now that's how you get the oil into the transmission and rear axle, folks.
For all the trouble and spillage I've read about, I would buy enough specialty
oil in small containers to half fill a drywall bucket so a proper bucket pump
could be used.

IIRC, my pump was made by KD Products, cost me about $45 years back, and is
still sitting atop a yellow bucket of Shell Spirax 85W/90.  Once you use it,
you'll treasure the darn thing.

Dave Jarman
Lexington, KY