[alfa] 164 Fuel Pump Removal x 3

Hi Richard and Other Readers-

Your posting on AD#956 a couple days ago about removing the 164's
fuel pump for the third time prompts this request.  While I
totally sympathize with the necessity of your doing what seems to
me a very difficult job, it is, nevertheless, a timely topic for
me.  I am faced with the prospect of a pump removal to correct a
fuel pressure problem causing delayed starting on my '91 164(B).
The fuel pressure is dropping to zero when the engine is shut
down, and I am figuring it's the small connecting hose inside the
tank referred to on other earlier AD           posts.  Right now I
am to the point of staring down at the thing in the trunk, having
removed the necessary trim and panels.

Do you have any words of wisdom beyond the maintenance manual
procedures?  Having been led down the garden path more than once
with manual instructions, I am hoping you might confirm or add to
the procedures given.  I have a supply of 8mm BMW hose and  Wurth
high pressure clamps from working on the fuel rail.  Also have a
few 4mm allen wrenches including a ball end.  Any advise (anyone)
gratefully appreciated.  If interested, I'll post the results of
my efforts.

Hopefully, Richard, you have your short term exhaust problem
solved.  I think if the front cat donuts are still ok, I would
just bolt up two of the flange bolts and head for Albany.

Thanks and Cheers,

Bob
'91 164L (starts great)
'91 164B (reluctant)