From: owner-alfa@domain.elided [mailto:owner-alfa@domain.elided] On Behalf Of Gil
Gagne
Sent: Tuesday, November 18, 2003 9:00 AM
To: alfa-digest@domain.elided; anthony.white@domain.elided
Subject: [alfa] RE: price for 1750 gearbox

I hope you are aware that there were two incompatible versions of
transmissions for the 105 1750 cars. Early cars had clutch pedals
through the floor and a direct connection (mechanical) to the clutch
whereas later models used firewall suspended pedals and  a hydraulic
slave cylinder to operate the clutch. I suspect the actual gearboxes,
less bellhousings, were identical but this might not be the case. I once
tried to marry a 2000 slave cylinder equiped bellhousing to a gearbox
from a 1300 GT Jr without success. Finally had to modify the floor pedal
assembly to accept a clutch master cylinder (I had swapped the 1300
engine for a 2000).

>What would be a good price for a 105 1750 gearbox in unknown
condition?  >(I'd be the buyer.)
>conditions.

regards,
Anthony White