From: owner-alfa@domain.elided [mailto:owner-alfa@domain.elided] On Behalf Of
Daegrigg (Don)
Sent: Tuesday, November 18, 2003 7:03 AM
To: alfa@domain.elided
Subject: [alfa] A/C charging

I am charging the a/c on the 164L after r/r the fan and heater core.  I drew
vacuum on the system for 30 minutes and then put in 8 oz of oil (ester) 20
percent r134 combo.  Ambient is about 60 degrees.

The compressor is not kicking in and my question is whether this is due to
low
system pressure.  The manual says that the trinary switch will not kick in
the
compressor below 29 psi.  (My low side gauge is reading 50 psi but that
can't
be system pressure with just the 8 oz oil charge.  Suspect this is just the
pressure out of the can.)

Checked the other electrical connections (that I know of).

Must the compressor be running to take the main charge?  If so, how do I get
it to run below the 29 psi trip point.

Thanks,

Don