[alfa] what kinda car is that?

I've had plenty of odd conversations over the years about what kind of car
my Super or Berlina is, and yesterday added a new one.  In the Safeway
parking lot, a woman who'd gotten out of a nice 65 Ranchero commented that
my Berlina was "cute" and asked if it was the first one sold here.  I said
in a tentatively, "No, it's a 73 and that they'd been selling these cars in
the US since the late 50s."  She then noticed the trunk emblem, and said,
"Oh, it's an Alfa Romeo.  I thought it was one of those, um, um, first
Toyotas."  So that adds a new one to my list of misidentifications.  BMW,
Renault, Datsun, Volvo, Fiat, you name it.  But no one in the real world
seems to recognize an Alfa sedan.

Andrew Watry
Berlina Register