[alfa] Re: vibrations

> From: Mark Denovich <mark@domain.elided>
> As for torquing lug-nuts, every impact wrench I've used has an adjuster
> to limit final torque.  My cheapo 1/2 impact delivers very repeatable
> final torque.   You can't just crank the lug-nuts right down... but you
> sneak up on them, in a star-pattern to make sure the wheel seats flush.

You must have better impact wrenches than the Firestone shop that
aligned my wife's Accord (you have to undo the lugnuts in order
to remove the wheel covers (darn those steel wheels)).  After I watched
the tech hit the lugnuts with his air impact wrench in the aforementioned
star-pattern, I drove home and retorqued with my beam-type torque wrench.
Some nuts were off the scale (150+ ft-lbs) and some were at 60 ft-lbs.
Specs call for 80 ft-lbs.

-Dennis
Sunnyvale, CA
No more Alfas