[alfa] 164 parking brake and hose

>The handbrake on my '91 164S doesn't hold well at all. I've inspected the
>pads/rotors (like new), adjusted the slack out of the cable, and still after
>full engagement the ca r wil slowly creep if parked on the hill. The hand
>brake lever doesn't have a solid feel of other cars, it feels very "springy"
>on engagement. What is happening?!
>Thanks,
>
>Val
>Seattle
>P.S. anyone aware of a hydrolic shop in Seattle arae that can re-produce a
>high pressure PS hose?

Likely you have a caliper that needs repair. The parking brake is
integrated into the caliper. Works fine when all is well, but gives you a
vague feeling when on side has failed and just one side functions...

I know this from rescuing my original 91 base from the neighbor's hedge
about 5 years ago... I though someone had stolen it... Nope, it just went
for a roll.

Look in your yellow pages for hoses. There is likely a hose maker in a city
as big as Seattle. Locally, Amazon Hose does them while you wait for about $50.

Bill Harkell
AlfaBill LLC
Tampa Florida USA
http://www.alfabill.com