[alfa] Re: alfa-digest V9 #950

In a message dated 11/14/03 1:47:30 AM Pacific Standard Time,
owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:
<snip>
> Do other people with electric fans find the restrictor is
> necessary to help keep temps down?
<snip>

I went through the restrictor thing with my Alfetta (1977 2.0L, same as
yours, largely). Don't have one in there anymore, can't find one to put in there
anymore, so I went with a (nearly) OEM thermostat, which closes off the by-pass
when warm, and it has worked great ever since.

I run at 180F solidly, no matter the outside temp (and we had a couple of
80-ish and 30-ish days here in the PNW).

BTW, I have an OEM thermostat/housing for sale. It's for a 77-ish spider 2.0L
and has the thermostat integral to the top of the rad hose housing. It's
clocked wrong for the Alfetta (hose points the wrong direction, so it's never been
installed or used). Email me off digest if you're interested, it's available
pretty cheaply. I can send digital pics, if desired.

Tom
Seattle
6310123
7711615