RE: [alfa] Rocker panel diagnosis?

Jon -

Not quite sure what you are referring to here and I can't find the link that
you are referring to, but ... the spider rocker panel (105/115) is made up
of three major components: There is an inner sill, which is the piece that
is facing the interior of the car, then there is an outer sill. The outer
sill is what most refer to as the inner rocker since this what you see when
you remove the outer sheet metal, (or when there are large holes inside it),
and then there is the outer rocker which is the outer sheet metal on the
outside of the body.

A crude illustration would be the following:

( [ ] ___________[ ] )

If this doesn't make sense I can see if I can find and scan an exploded view
of the pieces in a parts book.

Jeff

<Something I noticed a while ago..  there was a mention of Wolf Steel,
who makes repro body panels for various cars,  including Alfa,  and they
had a cross section diagram of the rocker panel area.
http://www.alfaparts.net/  Look for the rocker panel discussion button..

Anyway the thing that struck me was the "extra" rocker they have.
Normally there's the inner rocker and support making an upside down "L"
shape,  with the rockers rounding the outside of
the L.. with occasional triangular gusset plates.   He has a cross
rocker that goes immediatly across the L,  turning it into a triangular
box section.  (if this dosen't make sense, look at the cross section
diagram) >