[alfa] 115 spider cooling system saga

Hi all,

So I've done some more work on the cooling system in my spider to solve the hot-running problem:

- recored the radiator with a 3-row core
- new radiator cap (.7 bar)
- tested thermostat, it's working correctly

The car is still running hot under heavy load - about 195 degrees, but since its only 65 degrees outside today, I imagine that on a hot day the car would get up to 212ish like it did before. I checked, and the car is missing the bypass restrictor. Do other people with electric fans find the restrictor is necessary to help keep temps down?

For those of you who weren't there from the beginning, I installed an electric fan, and ever since then the car's been running hot under load or on hot days (used to hold a steady 180). The gauge has been tested to be roughly accurate, and the coolant level is full.

Thanks in advance

Chris Keen
'77 spider
Los Altos, CA