[alfa] Rocker panel diagnosis?

Digestibles,
    I noticed an interesting phenomena on my Duetto.  Before I had the rocker
panels replaced, the paint on the door edges and trunk lid edges was severely
chipped.  Since the rocker replacement, not one chip in 2 years now.
    I have also noticed this chipping on other spiders with rusty rockers.
    Maybe all this chipping is an indication of body flex caused by rockers
not doing their job?  What do the members think?
Skip Patnode
67 Duetto
Norfolk, Va