Re: [alfa] Re: alfa-digest V9 #944

> Hi Jeff:
>
> I suggest you check the following:
>
> 1) Cam timing-could be off a tooth;

This is a V6.  One tooth could be catastrophic.   If the head were shaved (as Jeff has commented many performance mods to the car), the wheel might not align with the belt notch which requires an offset woodruff key to restore.  A full tooth one way would make it run badly no matter what, where Jeff indicated it cleans up after a few seconds.  A tooth the other way and BANG!

> 2)Fuel filter partially clogged;

Wouldn't just affect a warm start for 2-3 seconds only.

> 3)Fuel pump check valve leaking.

Even so, the pressure at the rail takes a fraction if a second to rebuild.   I have a meter on my adjustable which runs 55psi rail.  It jumps up the split second I hit the AFM flapper switch which I have exposed through the AFM cover.

-Peter