[alfa] Flushing oil (was Diesel oil)

Hmmm.. certainly wouldn't want to drive very far on that!

I've heard of, and actually tried once the method of pouring a quart of ATF in with the oil and driving for a while before the change. The Saturn I have as a daily driver was developing some hydraulic tappet noises, and the dealer even mentioned it as a method they use for stubborn cases.
Did seem to clear up my noises.. I have no real idea of how bad it is on your engine, but at least there's still mostly oil in there. The guy I talked to said he's even drove for a few days with it on his personal car, that's a little much for me, I drove for 10-15 minutes...

Jon

A friend of mine was telling me that years ago his father used something
different to flush car engines: kerosene. Apparently he would drain out the
oil, fill with kerosene, drive around the block, drain out the kerosene, change
the filter, and add fresh oil. It was quite effective according to my friend.

- -Josh
'71 1750 Berlina
'72 2000 Berlina
'84 GTV6