[alfa] replacing lock cores, stuck on gas cap

Hi everyone,

Well after getting the dead ignition switch swapped out last week, I decided to tackle the rest of the lock cores on my Milano today. The doors were pretty straight forward. And once I had done one, the others were done in less than half the time.

So now I'm left with the gas cap lock core. I've removed the gas cap, and the inner retaining ring for the o-ring seal. But I have not been able to figure out how to take the cap apart to get at the lock core. I'm prying with a small screwdriver and also trying to turn the inner and outer pieces to no avail.

Anyone have an idea of how to get this thing apart?

Thanks, Derek