[alfa] Transmission, bell housng sealants

Ah, forgot a question..

What is a good compound to use as a sealer on the faces of the transmission and bell housing?

I can't quite tell from leakage and grunge patterns if most of the leaking was from the front seal, or the lower bolts, etc in the housing. I see the interface between bell housing and trans case is a seal for the front end.. and I see someone put something (now hard and dry) there.

Haven't pulled the back end yet, (will to R&R the rear seal) and probably won't split the main case. I think nothing was reccomended on the main case halves, but don't know about the ends.

I have some Hylomar still, from the engine rebuild.. good choice? Or what else?

Thanks..

Jon
77 Spider
Irvine, CA