Re: [alfa] Re: Moose test

I had a similar moose encounter in the Rocky Mountain National Park. I made the mistake of going up the old river road, not seeing on the map that it was dirt. A few thousand vertical feet climb over 9 miles of dirt on a 1000cc sportbike was made so much more interesting when I rounded a bend to find a moose standing in the middle of the road.

I managed to stop easily, as I wasn't going that fast. The problem was the moose seemed very interested in me and/or the bike and started advancing towards me. Wow, are they big! I'm not sure if it was set on goring me, mating with me, or just checking me out... either way, I didn't want anything to do with it. It got within a few feet, before I started revving the engine and it decided to lazily walk back into the woods.

Seeing one up close, and knowing what a lowly white-tailed deer can do to a car, I don't believe any Alfa would fair well in a moose encounter. Except maybe the spider... it could probably drive under one.

--Mark
The Alfa Wiki: http://alfa.denovich.org

Kevin Gildea wrote:

I had a very near run in with a Moose 2 years ago on a motorcycle.  I was
moviing at a pretty good clip along a twisty hiway in my area, when I
came around a bend and encountered a moose walking across the road.  I
managed to stop about 3-4 feet from contact, but the thing was so big
that I could not get around him, I had no where to go.  Luckily it was
not near the rut, and the Moose just walked off.  At the right time of
the year he likely would have stomped me.