[alfa] re: Spider accelerator pedal mod

In the mid-70's was published in the Alfa Owner my mod to the Spider gas
pedal for long-leg drivers. It consisted of a piece of 1/8" aluminum 1"
x 2 1/2" to bolt in place of the normal gas pedal extension. It had 2
roller-blade ball bearings at the end that rolled under your foot when
the pedal was pressed. For owners concerned with the pedal stop, just
make the adapter 3" long and it will contact said stop at the end of
pedal travel. Try it once and you'll love it, even short-legged drivers.

Gil
1985 Spider
Port Orange, FL

>     This may be old hat to some of you, but being tired of having a
cramped
>ankle, I made a new accelerator pedal by copying the curve of the old
one but
>making it about 3 inches shorter. This made quite an improvement as I
am now
>able to relax the ankle a bit. The leg must still stay bent, but the
foot and
>calf can relax quite a bit more. I was concerned at first about the
position of
>the right foot in relation to the brake pedal, but it doesnt seem to be
>problem at all. After a sunday of driving in the mountains of Western
NC, I can