[alfa] Spider castor bushings, plastic washers

Thought I'd expand on the original question..

I've noticed that on my replaced front suspension, (have yet to put her back on the road) there seems to be some looseness in the fit of the bolt in the new castor bushings.

Anyone have a feel for how much play there is normal? I don't remember if there was any before, they were pretty shot then, and it's been many moons ago...

Talked to Centerline, where I got the new parts from, about the semi-mythical plastic washers that sometime show up in parts diagrams. They replied that it depends on which castor bushing it is, whether they need the plastic washers. Have yet to determine which I have.. plastic or metal outer shell tells you, I'm told. I've got plastic, but haven't had the second half of the conversation yet.

Anyone have similar experiences and some solution? It will be a while till I have the car running and on the road, so I won't know if this is a problem for a while.

It looks like you have to go overseas to order these washers. So it would be good to know if I need to do some extra bush beating ahead of time.

I'll post later with the results of my washer research.

Thanks..

Jon and Marcia
77 Spider
Irvine, CA