Re: [alfa] Oil Changed... now at high RPM pressure drops

I saw a dramatic change in oil pressure guage behavior after switching from Mobil 1 -> regular dyno-oil. I was using 15w40 Mobil 1 in my Milano Verde, but I got tired of $30+ of oil for each oil change, especially since I change it frequently. I switched to Valvoline VR1 after seeing some recommendations from the list, this time in 20w50.

Once the Mobil 1 was warmed up, oil pressure at idle was very low (somewhat distressingly low) and not much higher off-idle. With the Valvoline I'm seeing way more oil pressure... at least 30-40% higher than I did with Mobil 1 across the board (almost 4 bar above 3k rpm). I'm almost worried that I have too much oil pressure. Before anyone suggests it, I'm using the brand/model oil filter I've used for the last 5 or so oil changes, and my oil pressure sender is less than 2 years old.

--Mark
http://mark.denovich.org