[alfa] RE: oil pressure and 2600's

Don, I'd be almost certain that it is the oil pressure sending unit. Most
sensor failures occur at oil changes, anyway. That low a reading, and the
fact that it drops sharply precisely when it should rise even further,
indicates a diaphragm or carbon wiper failure.

The 2600 Spider is one of the unsung heroes of the Alfa line. The last
"coach built" Alfa (right, JH?), it is everything the 2000 Spider is not.
Fleet, attractive, solid and substantial. My friend, Paul Tavilla, and I
cruised around in his 250 GT PF Spider and his 2600 Spider (now owned by
"Berry" Starling, of Raleigh) one fine fall day about fifteen years ago. It
was an experience I'll never forget. The 2600 beat the Ferrari for driving
experience hands down and was not far off in terms of performance. A
terrific car!

-Peter