[alfa] Alternator repair/replacement options

Looks like the alternator on my 164L needs attention.  Per Fred's Di Matteo's
advise I checked the battery voltage before and after startup and it was 12;1
and 12.4 respectively - should be around 14 volts.  Also, voltage runs just
below 13 volts with car running and starter is noticeably slower.

That said, I am thinking about rebuilding the unit replacing the brushes and
diodes as necessary. Anyone with experience in this area?

Another option is a used unit for around $50.  Since we have a second 164, I
am thinking of installing a used unit and rebuilding the present one for a
back up.

Any suggestions on sources for parts and rebuild experience?

Thanks,

Don