[alfa] glycol into septic systems

If antifreeze is toxic to animals could it also be toxic to the bacteria in
the septic system.  If so, the system can die and will fail to break down
anything.

At my former place of employment some lab person accidentally poisoned the
septic system by using the wrong drain.  When the system started to back up
the pumper truck was called.  He found the system, (our system consisted of
the septic tank, and a liquids tank with a level switch and pump to move
liquid up hill to the leach field) dead.  The primary tank was completely full
of solids.  Completely full!

I don't know what poisoned the tank but I wouldn't take any chances until an
expert stated something for sure.

Wayne