Date: Sat, 1 Nov 2003 09:34:47 -0800 (PST)
From: Monty Mathisen <monty@domain.elided>
Subject: [alfa] milano radiator/waterpump wiring - HELP!

Car : 87 Alfa Milano 2.5 Manual Transmission

I hit a pothole and the arm that holds up the hood popped out of its holder and hit the positive terminal on the battery. Result : hell on earth. The wiring the front right side of the car caught fire  or burnt ; car is drivable shuts itself off whenever you stop if the revs are not kept up. Temperature runs between 225-275. Suspect wiring to water pump and fan are burnt. On the way home there were also Christmas tree displays from the alfa control thing  all the doors were open flashing in some kind of weird pattern. The lights and the windows seemed to work though. Do you have any suggestions? Anyone have the parts?

Pictures of beautiful burnt wiring here : http://www.mathisenmotorsports.com/wires/