[alfa] It lives!!

The <expletive> Spider ran this week for the first time in my custody.

As you may recall, I bought it as a non-runner.   Zero compression in 2&3.
Got a good used motor.   Sent the head to the machine shop where they took
.025" off, ported and polished the ports,  ground the intake valves and
seats and replaced the exhaust valves and seats.   Got the new motor all
cleaned up and reinstalled the head.

Pulled out the old motor (carnage and grime).  Cleaned out the engine
compartment of all that spewed from the previous motor.    Replaced all the
ignition parts and put on Magencor blue wires.  Motor fired up first time
and idled nice and smooth.  Besic Motorsports got the new motor in for me
since I don't have facility for a swap here.  He was kind enough to let me
build the new motor at his shop, clean up the car, and get the old motor
loose ready to pull to save me some money on this fiasco.   He installed the
street bar for me as I don't feel comfortable in an open car without some
rollover protection.

It runs nice and pulls strong.  Been driving it for a couple days despite
low-ish temperatures here in Chicago.   It's a little chilly at night but I
enjoy the open air driving.

Driving it is certainly a Verde appreciation exercise.   No offense to the
Spider lovers out there, but it feels like a go-kart compared to my hot rod
3.0 Milano.   Still fun none-the-less.

Thanks to all that provided parts and advice during this fiasco, to Glenn
Wasserman for the street bar and an extra special thank you to Mike Besic
who provided help, advice, facility and service to get out of this mistake.
Our independent Alfa service facilities are the best!  I can't find the
words to express the thanks and appreciation to Besic Motorsports for all
they've done for me and my cars over the last year and a half.

-Peter