[alfa] Tach drive on waterpump, oy!

(Big sigh). I thought the old gear in the water pump switcheroo was way
too easy. Got smart (after you guys pointed out the obvious facts) and
seems my [pretend 1750 (actually '79 2000 engine] came without part #
101.10.03.103.00 (and possibly without what that hooks up to in the
timing chest's innards).

 Also, a bit concerned with non matching gears as Jeff Greenfield
suggested might be a problem. Pretty sure waterpump gear came from my
early Alfetta waterpump. Only possible spare drive gear I might have is
in the early Series 2 2000 currently sitting in the '69 Spider.

Much disappointed but not about to dismantle virtually entire engine to
install tach drive gear. Do have a spare '79 electronic tach, but won't
install without a major battle into the '69.

Anyone else go through this?

Biba
Irwindale, CA USA