RE: [alfa] Spider Polyeurethane bushings - opinions?

Karl:
This Summer I replaced all rear bushings (Trailing Arms and trunnion) with
Poly from Performatek. Trunnion to body are new ALFA rubber bushings.
Transformation was very dramatic, of course I barely had any trailing arm
bushings left, so filling the spaces with cream cheese would have helped!
Installation is easy, especially due to the 2 piece design. Removal of the
trailing arm bushings is a mega PIA. After the requisite period of cursing
whilst lying on my back under the car, I did the smart thing and brought the
car around the corner (lucky me) to my mechanic. He threw it on the lift,
applied some air tools and had the whole job done in a couple of hours. For
me, money very well spent. Andy Kress (Performatek) includes very thorough
instructions with each order on how to drill/cut out the trailing arm
bushings.

Now that its done, the pain has faded and the suspension firmness remains.

I can't swear to this as I don't have receipts handy, but I'd say that all
the bushings totaled about $100.

John Paradiso
92 Spider Veloce
(Nothing like a firm Italian rear end!)