RE: [alfa] RE: using bimmer afm's on our 6 cyl alfas

> hi pete, stretching the stock hose to fit the bmw afm worked
> fine for me - it's now 3", so no restriction!  ;~)  modding
> the top of the airbox lid to accept the bmw afm's much larger
> intake was a piece of cake, & i like getting outside (not
> from the engine bay) air into the engine...

I *think* the point Peter was trying to make is that stretching a 2.5"
hose to make it fit over the 3" input at the AFM still leaves sections
of the hose further upstream that are 2.5" in diameter.  Peters
preferred method is to use 3" hose for the entire system.

Seems like a valid point.

bs