[alfa] Re: Facet pumps

At 8:43 AM +0000 10/27/03, alfa-digest wrote:
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2003 20:03:52 -0500
From: "ronewing" <ronewing@domain.elided>
Subject: [alfa] Re: Facet pumps

    Is it just me, or do Facet pumps really suck ( and I don't mean in a
good way)?  I don't know how many have burned out on me in a short amount of
time - sometimes when brand new after running dry for just a short while
when starting up a new engine, etc.  They click, but don't pump.  I've had
much better luck with the cylindrical shaped universal low pressure pumps
sold by Advance Auto Parts and others (under various brand names). If
there's any doubt about that Facet pump I'd replace it with a better one
first off, and go from there.   YMMV, my 2c, etc.  Good luck, Ron.
I don't actually have any experience with this sort of thing (although I'd like to get rid of the engine-driven fuel pump on my '73 Opel sometime), but I have seen a carbureted Fiat X1/9 with a little clyindrical inline pump that looked like a miniature version of the pump on Bosch EFI cars.

-Joe