[alfa] eBay 2L engine-heads up

I just went to see an engine listed as an 1988 Spider engine by Action Auto
Wreckers. The car was an early 1985,the engine had the external VVT
solenoid.

The owner of the yard graciously agreed to get it running before I drove out
there. A quick once over revealed no coolant in the system,oily goo on the
radiator cap but the sump oil OK.

It was freezing cold that morning. The engine started right up but OUCH! ,
the worst rod knock I have ever heard.

Since I rejected it it will probably be returning to eBay - I wouldn't touch
it as an engine, however the injection controls seemed good.

Anne O