[alfa] Biba's cutting out...again

Wow, considering I've bothered you for more than a few Digest issues in
the past regarding this subject, you are all certainly princes and
princesses.

I somewhat suspect the 'dreaded' intermittent cutting out problem scares
the pee-pee out of most anyone. If one takes it to the shop, of course
the little dear will be on her best behavior. Try to trouble shoot and
everything is seemingly A OK.

To name drop - thanks to Ed (& Marsha), Charlie, Jeff, Frank, AJ, Ron,
Anne (O), and Andrew.

Not solved yet. However, if someone is in really tight with Mother
Nature and could talk her into no days over 95, make it 93 degrees F in
So. Cal. doubt if you'd be hearing from me again...on this subject.

Ed (& Marsha) told me what I really should have known. The 'condenser'
on the coil / heatsink MarelliPlex unit is a Capacitor Insertion to
insure stability for the electronic rev counter. My rev counter is quite
stable and has a long black 'cord' hooked up to the water pump. I'll be
removing the 'condenser' as it is redundant in my situation. Let's all
pretend I never brought up the 'condenser' subject. (Licking first
finger - one possibility eliminated).

Not solved but when emailing Hurtienne, I asked about Filter King
filters. They have them - 4,66 Euros. Don't believe that is the problem,
but will then become another finger licker.

Today, 'only' 93 degrees. Started out with sight glass full. Drove eight
miles, sight glass still full. Drove fifteen miles, sight glass was
7/8th full. Drove five miles, sight glass was 1/3rd full. Aha! I said to
myself. Since I was now heading home, revved as much as possible
figuring I could, at worst, walk home. Got her up to 90 on a short
stretch. Ran like a top. Got 'home'. Sight glass (between carbs) was 1/2
full - (two hours of sitting later, still the same).

Please explain how sight glass gets full all by itself overnight and
varies considerably within literally minutes? To repeat, I've checked
voltage to pump when hot and ground checked out perfectly.

Running an inexpensive solid state Facet. As originally mentioned my
underhood (between filter King and Webers) gauge says it gets 2.5 Max.
fuel pressure. Possibly a pessimistic gauge, possibly / probably I need
another pound of pressure.

Can't use a vertical type fuel pump since it will hang down too far.
Works on Spiders, won't work on an Alfetta because of the De Dion issue.

Frank (Smith) uses two Facet's in parallel for his track car.
Interesting dilemma. If my Facet is slightly anemic, perhaps having a
helping boost might solve the problem. However, if for some reason heat
(or?) is affecting the voltage (once the car is underway) to the pump,
then two won't help.

Dunno,

Biba
Irwindale, CA USA