Re: [alfa] Re: DOT 5

     If your fluid is dark in color, it has absorbed too much water. The
systems should be flushed once a year.
         Randy Long
         73 Spider
In a message dated 10/23/2003 10:09:35 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
alfaguy@domain.elided writes:
If you flush it on a regular basis, then I see no problem(s) due to
corrosion, if not then I can only tell you what I have experienced.

My understanding is that moisture is absorbed into the brake system from the
atmosphere. I don't really know how it gets in there, but it does.

Some years ago I bought a car that had been stored for quite some time, this
car had silicone brake fluid in it. All the calipers were frozen. When I
took them apart there was actually water in them that had separated out of
the fluid.