[alfa] Re: Jim K's porting

Interesting comments there from Eric. Having myself ported/polished a Ford
Cortina crossflow head way back when, I can attest to the power gains to be
had from a right match of cam and port configuration (I confess- I lucked out,
with the tech help of old PAECO Cams).

If I'm not mistaken, didn't wily old Carlo Abarth take much the same approach
as Jim K with his diminutive giant killers based on everyday Fiats?  I mean,
I've seen Webers hanging off the side of Fiat Abarths that were twice the size
of the doggone block!   And I could have stuck my hand into the manifold
openings!  All this on an 850 or one liter motor.  Valve lift was likely
measured in meters...

Dave Jarman
Lexington, KY
USA